Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 5 - April Book Challenge

Well we all know its Arbor Day. And for trees being such an important fixture in our civilization and extremely important for us to continue breathing, books don't really mirror that. So bear with me on today's book for the challenge. Because while there is a tree and its slightly important, its not that important.

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari


 
 

The main reason I chose this book is because the main characters meet for the first time in a tree. Yeah go ahead an rip me a new one for that, cause I'm ashamed of myself. Haha.

But this book is actually really good and I enjoyed reading it.

This book takes places after the end of the world. 99% of the population is dead because of a deadly plague, drought, and floods. 16 year old Lucy has survived well enough on her own in Central Park forging for food and collecting water from the ponds. When Aiden rescues her from a pack of wild dogs, she joins his clan of survivors. Until a new enemy surfaces. Sweepers who's main job is to find plague victims take an interest in Lucy, because there is something special about her.

I think Lucy is a very strong female character, and I liked that world that Jo Treggiari came up with. So go read this fantastic book!

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment