Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 10 - April Book Challenge

I can't believe I actually made it to day 10. Honestly I thought I would have slipped up by now.

Anyways, happy National Siblings Day! Here is a picture of me and one of my brothers to celebrate



















Aren't we just adorable?

For today's book featuring siblings I have chosen an older brother/younger sister as the siblings. See what I did there? I also chose it because my brothers favorite TV Show if Firefly (I don't blame you if you have never heard of it) and many have said that this book bears a similar resemblance and feel to that TV Show.

And the book is...

Avalon by Mindee Arnett

 
I'm going to make my brother read it soon so I can see what he thinks about the comparison to Firefly. I saw it so he might too. 
 
But the two siblings in this book are Jeth and Lizzie. Jeth will do anything to protect his younger sister, as all older brothers should. I think it is a beautiful relationship. 
 
And this book is totally worth the read in case anyone was wondering. I didn't predict half of the plot twists! I love when that happens. 
 
So go enjoy Avalon everyone! 
 
-Shawnee Smith  

No comments:

Post a Comment