Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 29 - April Book Challenge

The end is near. I can see the finish line.

 

Including this post, there is only two more days in the April Book Challenge!

I can't believe it is almost over. Even though I have only been doing it for 28 days, it will be weird to see it go. 

Anyhow, today's subject is Favorite Black Book. 

I have previously discussed what a color challenge could mean, and I went with the color of the binding/cover of the book. 

So without further ado, today's book is....

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Unwind (Unwind, #1)


I am really digging this cover. It's slightly creepy, yet looks totally AWESOME. 

Don't know what Unwind is about? Check out the Goodreads page linked above or continue reading. 

In the not so distant future, the Government has ruled that all babies must be carried to term. At which time they will either be cared for by their parents, put in an orphanage, or left on someone's doorstep. In order to create a way to fix overpopulation the government has also made a law that stats that at age 13, children may be signed over to be "unwound" where 99% of their body will be cut up and used to fix other human beings. The story follows three children running away from their unwindings, attempting to just live until they are 18 and are free. 

I have actually read this novel and it wasn't bad. So go pick up Unwind by Neal Shusterman! 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment