Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: Day 21 by Kass Morgan


Day 21 (The Hundred, #2)

Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Pages: 320
Series: The Hundred #2

"No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.
It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together."

Commercial Photography

I REALLY wish this review was ready yesterday...That would have been pretty awesome.

I'm starting to really like this series. There were a few points in the story where I though "wow, good plot point". I still believe that the plot is one of the more original ones circulating right now. It's not just a dystopic fiction book, it brings up questions as to what the world would be like after a nuclear winter. We all know that several countries are arming nuclear weapons just in case so this could become a reality.

My main complaint: There was too much making out. You almost died from a snake bite? Let's make out. You're looking for your sister who was kidnapped? Let's make out. I know nothing about you but I think you're hot. Let's make out. Like, okay, we get it, you all are teenagers with raging hormones, but take a cold shower and then go do something productive.

One aspect of this book I really liked played such a small part but I believe it was set up for the next book. Each of the 100 broke the law somehow and that's how they ended up arrested. However, since there are strict rules in space, it makes sense that the majority of the 100 are not dangerous. However, it wouldn't make sense if one or two wasn't unstable and dangerous. I liked how at the very end, a blink and you could miss it moment, Kass Morgan leads you to believe one of the 100 is a murderer. I am excited to see where this plot point goes in the future.

I'm just excited to read the next installment period. There was so much buildup in the last few chapters that I want answers! I want to know everyone's fate and most importantly what will happen when the rest of the population makes it down. I feel that there will be a power struggle between the 100 and the adults that will want to run the show. It will be an interesting dynamic to read. 

Overall, there was not much about this book that really stuck out. I still enjoyed reading it but I can't remember everything that happened without thinking REALLY hard. I think this book should receive a 7.5/10. I really liked it, it was just missing something that I can't put my finger on. But I'm still going to read the next installment when it comes out. 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment