Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Book Challenge Day 7: Character Most Like Me

I always hate this question. When people say "What character is most like you?" I never know what to say. 

I see myself in bits and pieces of several different characters that I have read over the years. How do you explain that to someone?

Whether it is having a brother 13 years older than me and not liking taking medicine when I'm sick because I don't like the way it dulls my senses like June from 'Legend' by Marie Lu.

Legend (Legend, #1) 

Or whether it is just by finding a character that is taller than normal like Faith Daniels in 'Pulse' by Patrick Carman

Pulse (Pulse, #1)

Or whether it is something that I hope I have. A brave, ferocious, strength that so many characters in the Young Adult Fiction world has. Ruby from 'The Darkest Minds' by Alexandra Bracken, Tris from 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth, Cia from 'The Testing' by Joelle Charbonneau, Robie from 'The Raft' by S.A. Bodeen, and many, many more. 

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) Divergent (Divergent, #1) The Testing (The Testing, #1) The Raft

If you want to know what is next for my October Book Challenge, you can click here.

I may not have exactly answered the question, but this is my blog. I do what I want ;)

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment