Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Saturday, December 20, 2014

December Challenge Day 20 - Recommended to Me

I have been recommended many books over the years. I actually wish this came after Christmas because then I could use the book that Lisa @TurningPages11 got me. But alas, I will have to go with a different book.

I was actually recommended this book by one of my friends Bekah. She is an avid reader and she even works at a book store (she's so lucky). This is one of her favorite books and she has been begging me to read it for months. That book is...


Speak

I just finished reading this book and I have to say that it was amazing! It wasn't quite what I was expecting but I was impressed by the way the author was able to have a main character that hardly ever talks but is still so present. If that makes sense. 

I highly recommend that everyone reads this book. And by everyone, I mean everyone. Boy, girl, teenager, adult, grandparent. Everyone should read this book once in their life. 

So go check out Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.

If you want to know more about the December Challenge, you can click here

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment