Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Friday, December 12, 2014

December Challenge Day 12 - Holiday Story Re-Telling

Okay, this is probably the most challenging challenge day of the challenge. And yes, I am aware that I just said challenge three times in a sentence. 

I have looked and looked and looked and I can't seem to find anyone who has done a re-telling of a holiday story. I have found plays and movies, but no books. 

So, I was faced with a dilemma and came up with a solution. There is a fairy tale, the Snow Queen, that always reminds me of Christmas. I have found a few re-tellings of said fairy tale and I have chosen the one that sounds the most interesting to me. That story is...


Stork (Stork, #1)

"Family secrets. Lost memories. And the arrival of an ancient magical ability that will reveal everything.

Sixteen-year-old Katla LeBlanc has just moved from Los Angeles to Minnesota. As if it weren’t enough that her trendy fashion sense draws stares, Katla soon finds out that she’s a Stork, a member of a mysterious order of women tasked with a very unique duty. But Katla’s biggest challenge may be finding her flock at a new school. Between being ignored by Wade, the arrogant jock she stupidly fooled around with, and constantly arguing with gorgeous farm boy and editor-in-chief Jack, Katla is relieved when her assignment as the school paper’s fashion columnist brings with it some much-needed friendship. But as Homecoming approaches, Katla uncovers a shocking secret about her past — a secret that binds her fate to Jack’s in a way neither could have ever anticipated. With a nod to Hans Christian Andersen and inspired by Norse lore, Wendy Delsol’s debut novel introduces a hip and witty heroine who finds herself tail-feathers deep in small-town life."

If you want to know ore about the December Challenge, you can click here. And happy Friday! 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment