Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

Yes, it is officially Independence Day! That means you can eat too much food, celebrate with friends, and set off fireworks without annoying anyone. 

With that being said, I was going to compile a list of American-themed books in honor of my country's independence but it started to come off as a list of books one would read in a high school English class. And that's not what this blog is about. 

That is one reason that although I have stated over the past few weeks that I have read a book called


City of Thieves

...I have not written a review of it because I feel that it would just come off as an paper worthy of being turned in to my AP Lit class in high school. And I don't want to bore you with that. 

Instead I will tell you that if you TRULY want an American-themed novel you can read something by Mark Twain. He was an American author who wrote books about a hundred years ago (check my math I may be wrong) so they are older but are about as American as you can get. 

With that I will leave you to celebrate with your families on this glorious day. Don't blow yourself up with fireworks either ;)

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment