Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Giver Extended Trailer

Thanks to Yahoo! Movies, there is now an Extended Trailer for The Giver movie, entitled the Theatrical Trailer.


You can check it out at one of the many following links. 




the first link may not work mainly because I am not good at embedding videos. That's what I get for running a blog.

Anyways, I want to talk about two things that this new trailer showed us

1. The movie will be partly in black and white! There have been many readers wondering i the movie will be shot in black and white since that was one of the main plot points in the book. Check out my post about that here.

2. I don't know how I feel about the rest of the story. It seems that a lot of the plot line has been changed. Morning injections, more romance, the head elder having a more villanious role have all been added into the movie. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens and if I will like it for not. 

Before I see a movie that was adapted from a book, I try to keep my feeling neutral so I wont be disappointed solely because I built a movie up or cast judgement on an actor before I see them portray the character.

Anyways, go check out the new trailer and remember to go see the Giver when it hits theaters August 15th! 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment