Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Thursday, September 11, 2014

An Apology...

As you can probably tell, I have not been blogging much as of late. I finally got into the part of my summer where I can just sit down and relax without having to worry about any school work or classes that I have to attend. 

At the beginning, I was keeping up with my blog with only a few missed days. But a few weeks ago, when I stopped blogging, I just lost inspiration. I was in a book drought. The books I read were good, but not good enough to write a review on. Nothing new was coming across my radar that sounded interesting. So I got discouraged. 

It also doesn't help that my local library closed its doors for the month of September in order to make some renovations. I have been forced to go to other libraries that have smaller sections than the one I am used to. 

One other reason that I stopped blogging is that I got busy. At the beginning of summer, I wrote down a bucket list of activities that I wanted to complete before my break was over. I got distracted with school and was unable to complete the vast majority of the list. For the past two weeks, my mom has taken control of the list as has attempted to cross every single item off. This includes kayaking, parasailing, going to movies, mini golfing, go kart racing, lazer tagging, day trips to the city, and much more. I guess the good thing is that we have done a lot more on the list than I thought we ever would. 

While these reasons that I stopped blogging make sense to me, it is still unacceptable that I went for so long without an update. I am extremely disappointed in myself that I did not try harder to blog 6 days a week like I have in the past few months. 

Now that school is getting ready to start back up again, I feel that it is time for me to being my blogging once more. In the days leading up to school, while I am completing my bucket list, I may miss a few days here and there. I apologize in advance for that. 

In the end, I wanted to apologize for being off the grid. Hopefully I can get my groove back.

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment