Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

5 Moments I Am Most Excited for When I See 'The Maze Runner' Movie

Well, it is that time of year. The Maze Runner movie comes to theaters in just 2 days and some odd amount of hours! I am so excited! 

I have been a fan of The Maze Runner series by James Dashner for quite some time now. 

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5)

I have been overly excited to see the books come to life on September 19th. 


Here is a list of the 5 moments I am most excited to see.

1. Grievers

Through the trailers, we have been slightly teased as to wha the Grievers will look like in the movie. In the book they were described as being a bulbous, dark creature with many appendages such as spikes and rods. Hand in hand with the Grievers appearance, I am excited to see how the movie will portray the 'changing'.

2. The Maze Changing

Again, the trailer has teased this a little bit but I can't wait to see the maze changing in its full form. It looks like a crazy, adrenaline filled moment for the movie. 

3. The Banishment

This was a scene that was very well written in the book and offered a look into how The Gladers run things so smoothly in this chaotic little world. I'm sure this scene will be just as heart stopping in the movie as it was into the book.

4. Thomas Running into the Maze for the First Time

This was such a pivotal moment in the book. Thomas does exactly what he is told not to do, and he survives despite all odds. And let's face it, Thomas is just one of those people that when someone says "don't do that" he goes ahead and does it anyways. I'm sure I won't be able to catch my breath when I see this scene for the first time. 

5. The ending (No Spoilers)

If you have read the book, I'm sure you know exactly what part I am talking about when I say the ending. The cast has already said that that was one of the most important scenes to shoot in the whole entire movie, so I am sure that it will not disappoint. 

Those are my 5 moments I am most excited for when I see 'The Maze Runner' movie. 

Make sure you go see the movie, coming to theaters on September 19th. 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment