Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Thursday, March 27, 2014

What I'm Reading Right Now

So I am currently on a road trip with my dad




And I got him to listen to I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak (the audio book). 
 
What It's About: Ed is a nobody cabdriver with no life goals. After he stops a bank robbery, Ed starts getting Aces in the mail. Each one of the playing cards has four instructions on them. When finished Ed gets the next card. Each task will help Ed find himself while helping other better their own lives. 
 
What I Think: I honestly love this book. I can't remember if I have ever talked about it before on here but if I have OH WELL.
 
 I first read this book probably a year ago and its just as good the second time around. I like that Ed is helping other people and inadvertently helping himself. I also like the use of the playing cards. There also, of course, is the mystery of who is behind everything. Who is giving Ed the playing cards? I guess you will have to read to find out ;) 


-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment