Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Friday, March 7, 2014

What I'm Reading Right Now

Just the other night I began reading Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

  



What It's About: Epics began showing up in society wielding their magical abilities and slowly began to takeover the world. 10 years later David wants revenge on the Epic that killed his father, the Epic that is supposed to be invincible: Steelheart. David, however, has been keeping a secret. He has seen Steelheart bleed, and he intends to again. He sets out to find the Reckoners, those who are still fighting against the Epics. 

What I Think: So far I like it. Sanderson is able to create a world that I can envision in my head, and it's not too much of a stretch to think about. I don't really like David as a person, I think he's too much of a try hard but I probably would be too if I was in his position. And something about the girl, Megan, makes me wonder what her deal is. So far I'm only at page 96 of 386 but I can't wait to read the rest. I have a feeling the already intense and action packed plot will get even more wild. 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment