Welcome to my blog where I give my honest opinion of Young Adult Fiction.
Twitter @YAFictionReview

Friday, March 13, 2015

So...I'm Not Dead

So...If you follow me then you will notice that I haven't posted for the last.... GASP... 2.5 months. 

You might want an explanation, huh?

By now you should all know that I am in college. It's not fun a lot of the time (classes are DULL), but I still have to go because I need an education and blah blah blah. This quarter I took all communications classes: English 265 (Comedy, Humor, and Satire), Communications 102 (Intro to Mass Media), and Journalism 102 (Intro to Journalism Writing). 

My English and Journalism classes had A LOT of work. Every two weeks I had to have read, annotated, and written an essay about a new book all while making sure my thoughts were good enough to impress my teacher since he was writing me letters of recommendations. Also for my Journalism class I have had to write a news story practically every single day. It has been a lot. 

At the beginning of the year I was also chosen to be on the board of my school's Literary Magazine. 5 students are chosen every year to edit and publish the magazine and it is a huge honor to be chosen. There were over a thousand submissions this year to go through (with only about 200 making the final cut) and that has taken up a huge chunk of my time (I got the first submissions during winter break in December and just finished editing the first galley this week). 

Since I am also a sophomore in a community college this year, it is time for me to apply for transfer to other Universities. I don't know how many of you have been on this journey yet, but filling out seven different applications takes up a whole lot of your time. Especially if you want your applications to be good so you can be accepted to the colleges of your choice. 

That and there have just been a lot of personal things going on: medical issues in my family, relatives passing away, siblings moving out, etc. 

So that has been my life lately. I've had little time for pleasure reading and what I did read I just haven't found the time for blogging. It's been a crazy couple of months but I really do want to get back into things. 

Spring break is coming up in the next week so maybe I can start then *crosses fingers*

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment